Pages

My Fame

A couple of weeks back, some silly anonymous commentators on Tyler Cowen's blog wrote:
"Who gives two [esses] what Robert Vienneau thinks about anything?"
and
"...and Robert Vienneau is a self-published hack."

And last week, Econ Job Market Rumors witnessed this typically enlightening exchange:
"Robert Vienneau is a [effing] retard."

"Why?"

"Still complaining that GE theory doesn't deal with reswitching and other sraffian critiques when it clearly does."
I don't know what that response is about. I follow Barkley Rosser, Jr., in thinking that reswitching points to the possibility of some interesting dynamics in General Equilibrium models. And I know of no adequate response to Fabio Petri's critique of General Equilibrium theory, particularly what he calls the impermance problem.

This has nothing to do with me. But I thought I'd quote it for an illustration of a completely wrong opinion:
"A related paper of interest is Mas-Collel (1989), 'Capital Theory Paradoxes: Anything Goes,' which notes that the 'problems' coming from aggregating capital are very much related to the Anything Goes theory of Sonnenschein-Mantel-Debreu, and about as problematic to neoclassical theory (meaning, not very problematic)."

0 comments:

Post a Comment