Pages

Fast times in south central PA

Awhile ago Brad DeLong noted that three yuppie grocery stores had opened in his little town just east of Berkeley. Similar thing happened here in Gettysburg, only it's downscale pizza and sub shops. I'm walking down the road with the kids and see that they've just rented out some space to a new pizza and sub shop, right between the coffee shop with o.k. sandwiches and the sandwich shop with o.k. coffee. I shouted at the top of my lungs "Pizza and subs! Are you kidding me? This town needs a good bagel shop!" Or a Thai restaurant, or an Indian restaurant, or any kind of good restaurant.

And then it hit me. What if the faculty of the college pooled some money together and ran an ad in Baltimore and DC - come here and open a restaurant, and we'll pay your first year's rent. A committee could be formed to sample the wares and pick the winner. I'd volunteer to serve on the committee. Who's with me?

0 comments:

Post a Comment