Pages

Students crazy; faith restored!

One of my frequent complaints is that our students lack creativity and independence of thought. I wonder why we don't see the kind of spectacles that one saw, for example, at the University of Wisconsin in the 1970s when students created an ice sculpture of the Statue of Liberty half-submerged in Lake Mendota. But my faith in our students has been restored by the message that just arrived in my inbox:

The Medieval Theme House is hosting a trebuchet (medieval catapult) launch this Friday May 4th at 5:30 p.m. It is the perfect stress reliever before finals! We will be launching this trebuchet on the north side of campus near the tennis courts/ rugby fields. BYOP - Bring your own projectile! (Perhaps an unneeded and unwanted textbook or two?) If you came last semester, you will enjoy it this time even more as we are adding more weight to our counterweight.

Now THAT's what I'm talking about!

0 comments:

Post a Comment